Sunday, November 12, 2006

An update on how I got here from there, and to there from there there

I decided to start my own blog... No logical reason, mainly because I think it would help me to recall how i got here,

from there...

And perhaps serve one day as an alibi...

In short, I moved here 1 year and about 6 months ago, from DC to Rome, but thats only one short trip of my many tripped life. Not only did I move to a country I knew very little of, but I moved into two new statuses: wife and unemployed. Lucky me. Or like I soon learned the Italians called it: casalinga, I knew casa meant house, it didnt take a genius to figure out the meaning of the whole word. And I didnt like it much.

but that was then, and in the year and a half a managed to learn some italian (struggling with verb forms all the way), and desperately looking for employment.

Boy was that fun.

Especially when I was told its easier to win the lottery than find a job here. Great, especially since I am no gambler.

But I finally got a job and a normal one at that (thank you, Mr. Travel Agency for ignoring my application to be your secretary), and decided, its time to blog!

No comments: