It's been a while, but the blog has been on my mind, like undone homework hanging over my head....
So here we are in 2009 - unbelievable that a year has passed since the twins were born. Big boys now, though they refuse to say Mama or walk - I think they are holding out on purpose.
But this is also the time that I go back to work full-time instead of part-time, which has put me in a struggle...daycare closes at 4:30! The earliest I can pick them up is 5:00 - I am desperately trying to figure out what to do with the half hour or so. Can I find someone who is willing tp pick up twins (god its hard with no elevators, sidewalks etc,) do I find another daycare, or what? How do other moms figure this out? Whats the idea behind closing daycares at 4:30.
Seems Italy is built based on the idea that everyone has a nonna or nonno (grandparents) who can help out. Every day I see granparents with little kids before an after school time. What would happen if Italy became a more mobile country, with people moving out from their neighborhoods - would the country come to a halt?
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment